Sunday 14 May 2017

Cannock Chase - Adder and Summer Migrants

 A spectacular day at Cannock Chase with Summer Migrants, lovely views of Spotted Flycatcher, Common Redstart, Tree Pipit and amazing views again of Tree Pipit they make me smile there not bothered at all by us lovely birds :)
The main highlight of the day was an Adder we had heard people walk past and mention Adder so we walked down the path and there it was out in the open on the path it was so much smaller than I though and so so beautiful I felt like crying I actually had tears in my eyes I had always wanted to see an Adder I love snakes and this was my best view of any snake and my only ever snake in England this moment will stay with me forever a dream come true, but then on closer inspection we realised the poor Adder had possibly been run over by a cyclist or poorly but there did some to be some damage on him but hard to tell he was very alert and the brave Dave managed to make a forked stick and moved the Adder to somewhere sunny and safe out of harms way :) I just pray he will of been ok but we did all we could to give him the best chance and i'm so proud of Dave he has a fear of Snakes but loves them too but I know deep down how scared he would of been but he showed no hesitation just went straight to help without a second thought bless him :)
I'm so honoured to of seen this wonderful snake just wish he hadn't of been injured but hopefully he would of been fine :)

The Beautiful Adder


The Beautiful Adder

Cannock chase wooded area

Cannock chase Wooded area

Cannock chase Wooded area


No comments:

Post a Comment