Wednesday 22 February 2017

Moseley Waxwings, Birmingham


I have spent quite a few hours at Windemere Road, Moseley over the past 4 weeks with the Waxwings so nice to have them just a ten minute drive down the road and local to me had to make the most of them, I got addicted just love them you can hear them as you walk up the road that sound just fills me with joy and warmth, such beautiful amazing birds at the highest count there was 52 but they did start to dwindle down in numbers the last week, I have loved every second of watching them, photographing them has been tricky as every time they land on the berry trees the Mistle Thrush chases them off lol so funny to watch and also lighting is very dark when there in the trees but had some super views and the last day I was there some of the Waxwings came down to a puddle to drink water the first time I had ever seen them on the ground a great feeling to watch them :)
They really have brightened up the past month, felt like crying when they left was so strange when I went to check if they were still there and no sign was to silent without them :(
Hopefully we will have another Waxwing year again soon maybe next year !!! lol















 

No comments:

Post a Comment