Wednesday 8 February 2017

Iceland Gull and Yellow-legged Gull, Swanshurst Park,Moseley


With news coming through last week of an Iceland Gull at Swanshurst Park which is just around the corner from Trittiford. I decided to head over there on Wednesday afternoon I had been putting it off because didn't feel right going without Dave but he told me not to be silly and go for it.
Think I picked the worst day with lighting as dull as dishwater, but as soon as I got there the Iceland Gull was there really is so striking he was over the other side of the pool and the other birders didn't seem to want to try and get closer but a nice birder let me look through his scope which was lovely and he did come a little closer when he landed on the fields, I was just so happy to see him I love my gulls and so nice to have an Iceland Gull near by and I had nice prolonged views for an hour before it flew off high, hopefully if the weather picks up this weekend Me and Dave will go for it :)
An added bonus was a Yellow-legged Gull, which had been reported as a Caspian but Dave said as soon as he looked at a photo of it that it looks like Yellow-legged Gull and then that was confirmed but the Gull ID page on facebook :)


Juvenile Iceland Gull

Juvenile Iceland Gull

1st Winter Yellow-legged Gull


No comments:

Post a Comment