Tuesday 3 January 2017

Blue Rock Thrush - Stow-on-the-Wold


Finally caught up with the amazing Blue Rock Thrush when it first turned up before Xmas I never went with Dave because i'm not keen on twitches and Dave thought there would be a lot of people there and I don't like crowds, but it turns out it wasn't that bad so I was gutted I didn't go was my own fault for letting my anxieties get the better of me, this was such a beautiful bird just something about him I couldn't stop thinking about him I had this itch I just really wanted to see him.
The past few months I have lost my mojo for birding I think a mixture of not liking crowds and the waiting about and the cold, but after having a few days staying in and Dave going birding if i'm honest I drove myself crazy I was bored out of my brains all I wanted to do now is get out there and see birds, with me nagging Dave a little about seeing the Blue Rock Thrush lol We waited for a less busy time when people would be back at work and headed down there today, we saw the Blue Rock Thrush straightaway quite distant high up on a chimney but nice views through bins then we waited and he flew into the tree over someones garden in Fishers close giving lovely views then dropped down onto the roof of the shed but the hedge in the way but managed to get a record shot before he dropped down into the garden we couldn't see him then.
We then waited about an hour but the bird didn't come out of the garden, we were both freezing so we decided to leave as it was dull anyway and the bird likes sunshine so we knew we could be waiting along time and I was more than happy with the views I had and my record shot I was over the moon to see him such a beauty with that blue color which did show up when we first got there with it being slightly brighter then :) I love him.
A massive thank you to Dave for taking me i'm so grateful, Iv'e got my Birding mojo back lol My birding skills and knowledge will never be good but I enjoy the birds and that's all that matters to me is enjoying it :)
No one is sure whether this bird will be accepted as a wild bird as they don't really migrate and saying its the wrong time of year and showing signs of a captive bird but to me the bird looked in very good condition but i'm far from an expert lol and to be honest I don't care as far as i'm concerned I have seen a Blue Rock Thrush in the wild :)





No comments:

Post a Comment