Tuesday 12 July 2016

Moths Update


We have had some good moths over the past couple of months with my getting a trap for my garden so we have been trapping nearly every night either in my Garden or at Dave's.
Have had quite a lot of lifers and also some new ones for Dave, also have had a few new moths when we have been out and about.
Also have had some nice micro moths :) I just love moths so much every day I just can't wait for dark so I can put Trap on lol
There all so beautiful I think mine and Dave's highlight is Red-tipped Clearwing which we had when we were at Glapthorn cow Pastures, Northants whilst photographing the amazing Black Hairstreaks Dave said Red- tipped Clearwing !!! It didn't register at first then I realised what he had said and couldn't believe what we were seeing to just have one come to us like that is amazing and we both managed to get a photo which is a bonus such a stunning moth, I had being to see a clearwing so glad Dave has amazing eyesight lol :)

Red-tipped Clearwing

Red-tipped Clearwing

Clouded border

Scalloped Hazel

White Ermine

Rustic Shoulder-knot

Common Swift


Ingrailed Clay 

Pale Prominent

Broom Moth

White Marbled Spot

Scorched Wing

Turnip Moth 

Peach Blossom

Brown Rustic 

The Seraphim


Green pug

Varied Coronet

Ghost moth (Female) 

Shoulder-striped Wainscot

Sallow Kitten

Double Sqaure-spot

Alder Moth

Bordered Straw

Small Ranunculus

The Blackneck

Lime Hawk-moth

Lime Hawk-moth

Burnished Brass

Waved Black

Scarce Footman

True Lover's Knot

Oak Nycteoline

Scalloped Oak

The Coronet

Agapeta hamana

Cork Moth (Nemapogon cloacella) 

Small Magpie

Green Tortrix

Brown China-mark


Phlyctaenia coronata

Red-barred Tortrix (Ditula angustiorana) 

Pseudargyrotoza conwagana

No comments:

Post a Comment