Saturday 18 June 2016

Long-tailed Duck - Alvecote Pools, Warwickshire


We headed to Alvecote Pools today for the Long-tailed Duck, Dave soon located it when we got there but it was distant and I couldn't make out any detail I wouldn't of known what it was, I was a little disappointed it's never about a tick for me I like to have nice views that is what bird watching is all about to me, Dave messaged Archie and Archie said to go round to the other side for closer views so we did, and wow much better could see all the detail on her, and the beautiful eye, I was over the moon now such a lovely Duck, and not only a lifer but a Warwickshire tick too which is always special and also an added bonus when we were walking down for the Duck, Dave shouted Osprey and there it was soaring in the sky, I just love them Two Ospreys in Warwickshire this year feeling very lucky such beautiful birds.
The Long-tailed Duck came in quite close giving stunning views but still distant for my camera but I got record shot so I was happy but then after awhile the photo Donna sets in I guess its just watching her and watching Dave taking photos knowing how stunning his photos will be I can't help it, it's natural when i'm standing there and love photography that the photography mode in my head is going to set in and its hard to except that at that distance i'm never going to get anything apart from a record shot, the lighting was not helping either, but even though I get frustrated, I'm just happy to of seen her such a stunning duck :) Thankyou to Dave for taking me and thankyou to Archie for the extra help for closer views :)

Here is one of Dave's stunning photos you can see how beautiful this Duck is :) 

Taken By Dave Hutton


Some of my Record Shot's they don't do the bird justice but i'm happy to of least got a few record shots love this Duck just something about her :)








No comments:

Post a Comment