Sunday 17 April 2016

Iberian Chiffchaff - Granville Country Park, Telford Shropshire


A nice sunny Sunday morning we decided to head to Telford for the Iberian Chiffchaff, We pulled up got out of the car and Dave heard him straightaway I was so pleased thought we would have to wait hours, we walked into the woody area and saw him straightway a lifer for me so was over the moon and I always get so nervous because I struggle to see them in the trees but soon located him :)
Felt so lucky to be able to see him straightway as one birdwatcher had waited over two hours the day before. He sung his little heart out most of the time we were there i'm not very good with bird songs but it sounded completely different to Chiffchaff more energetic lovely song, the Collins guide lists a few differences but very hard to see them on this bird the one thing that stands out is there's alot more yellow on him more like a Willow Warbler very pretty as all warblers are :) got a few record shots of him when we first got there in the tree, but then the photography mode sets in ;) had great views of him at one point he was right in front of us but my camera wouldn't focus he just kept moving to branch to branch and I think I get anxious when there that close because I know I have limited time and I think stressing makes me not take time with taking photos but was very tricky I know others have struggled too, and it's never about the photos but at the time when your spending such a long time there trying to photograph it becomes gutting when you don't get anything :( but even though I moan and get upset I still love it, love the birds to bits and love photography and so happy to of least got a record shot :) and so grateful to Dave for taking me for this bird and all the beautiful birds I have seen don't know how he puts up with me some times. (sorry for being a moaning cow lol )
Dave got a beautiful photo so clear and you can see all the detail of the bird :)

Dave's photo

Taken by Dave Hutton




My Record Shots




The Iberian Chiffchaff was in the woody area of the Granville country park a lovely woods, with a canal at the back and you walk through some trees and come to some ruins which were old Lodge Furnaces and an Old winding House reading about the place it has quite a bit of history to it love places like this :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment