Friday 1 April 2016

Easter Week Birding !!! Bird Lifer and Moth Lifer's


A great week off work for Me and Dave lot's of birding but also just chilling out :)
We went to Farmoor for the Red-necked Grebe but he wasn't showing as well as last year but think that was down to a few plonkers there ;) but still lovely to see and got a couple of record shots.
Also we picked up are first Willow Warbler of the year and Common Tern which was great to get them in March and got to see the Great Northern Diver I just love them :)




1st of April we went to Draycote Water to try and get the Slav Grebe but it wasn't there I was very disappointed as it would of been lifer for me, so Dave took me to Rutland we saw the Osprey's which was amazing to be able to see the two Ospreys I had been watching on the camera online was brilliant also there was a Pergrine Falcon which was nice, then we saw a Red-necked Grebe then Dave was looking in the Scope and said I have a summer plumage Slav Grebe it was so stunning that bright orangy neck stands out even at a distant and the beautiful red eye and long ear coverts I was over the moon too distant for photos but so happy to of seen him love him :)
Also we saw lot's of Red kites which was a year tick for me, you could see all the detail on them flying quite low great to see :) 



The Next couple of Days were spent at Marsh Lane Nature Reserve got some photos of Lapwing which is nice as I hadn't really got any also got a record shot of Common Snipe.
The Highlight was an Osprey in flight Dave was looking in his bins then shouted Osprey Osprey it was so exciting to be able to watch one local in flight distant but still stunning feel very lucky two Osprey's at Rutland then the next day This one in flight as Marsh Lane just awesome :) 







Also over the Week I got two new Moths one that Dave found at Draycote on the wall Twin-spotted Quaker a new one for us both stunning Moth.
Then at Dave's We put the trap on and got Brindled Pug a new one for me, just love my Moths can't wait till I can get a Moth Trap. 




No comments:

Post a Comment