Sunday 10 April 2016

Draycote Water and Summer Migrants


Had a nice weekend at Draycote Water spending two days there walking round all of it both times and dipping on the Slav Grebe again, would of been lovely to see him as it would of been a Warwickshire tick, but it was still a nice couple of days, so enjoyable getting migrants, we got to see the beautiful Yellow Wagtails stunning birds, and also White Wagtail which Dave spent time explaining the differences between White and Pied after getting the chance to study them through bins you can clearly see the White Wagtail has a much cleaner look appearance very pale grey and paler wing pattern and looks more cleaner whiter underneath on the sides and a neater black bib whearas on the pied the bib extends more scruffy looking. I think hopefully in this plumage I would be able to pick one out now it's really nice learning I sometimes get frustrated because I don't see what Dave sees i'm like but the look the same but he makes sure I get there in the end and it's all part of the fun of bird watching being able to learn all the time and enjoy every minute of it as well :)
Never got a photo of the White Wagtail but can clearly see the image of him in my head and did get some photos of a Pied Wagtail which was nice with being able to see how different the pied Looks to the White Wagtail :)
Also got a record shot of the Great Northern Diver lol I know I know but i'm going to say it again I just love them lol just something about them :)











Monday Morning Dave took his car in for MOT, so we went for a nice walk round Seeswood had Wheatear and are first summer Common Sandpiper which was really nice.
Then news come through of Little Gulls and an Arctic Tern at Shustoke so we headed there in my car there was 3 Little Gulls which I just couldn't get onto in flight but then they were on the water so had lovely scope views they are so much smaller and the black head really stands out annoying that I couldn't pick one out in flight again I will get there the more bird I see the more I will get use to them and be able to pick them out. The Arctic Tern was still there got to see him sitting on the ball in the water and in flight stunning bird with those long tail streamers year tick for us both and another migrant a very enjoyable morning ( think Daves still recovering from my driving ) lmao 

No comments:

Post a Comment