Friday 12 February 2016

Goosanders - Old Mill Pond and Trittiford


Some Goosanders turned up at the Old mill pond I was very excited as I had never seen them there before, I was just praying they would still be there for Tuesday when I could get there, I arrived there Tuesday and they were still there, 3 Drakes and 4 Females they were very jumpy and something spooked 2 of the Drakes and they flew off, I managed to get a few record shots, I then went back each day for the rest of the week the total there was 1 Drake and 7 females but they seemed to dwindle down by Friday with only 1 Drake and 2 Females. Some lady called loudly asking what we were doing on the Friday and the remaining Goosanders flew off in Trittiford Direction, so I got in car and went to Trittiford and they were at the far end I was very pleased as it was a Trittiford tick for me but couldn't get any photos there as they were hiding behind the other side and you can't walk round there. The following Monday I went to check if they were still there but they had gone which I had guessed as the water was all frozen, hopefully they will come back :)
Had a really nice week going between the Old Mill pond and Trittiford the Little Egrets were lovely to watch at the Old mill pond sitting in the tree.
Trittiford also had a female Pochard join the Males, and I had great views of Coots fighting was amazing watching them.
I also took a trip to Swanhurst which is just down the road and spent 2 hours with a showy Shoveler the sun was abit annoying coming in and out and then in the wrong direction but enjoyable even though I see Shovelers all the time it is always nice to get close and spend time with them :)

























No comments:

Post a Comment