Monday 4 January 2016

New Year Birds 2016


Happy New year all !!! The first day of the year was spent year ticking I love new years day bird watching it's so much fun me and Dave both had horrible colds but we didn't let it stop us, we still had fun, I got 61 birds for the day :) Dave got more than me his hearing and eyesight is way better than mine lol
We picked up some good year ticks including Scaup, Smew, Tree Sparrows, Great Northern Diver and Lot's more, We went back to Marsh Lane to get Jack Snipe the day before had been my first time seeing Jack Snipe I was totally addicted to this bird so much fun watching them how they bob up and down none stop really does look like there dancing I just love them could of sat there watching him in scope all day :)
The next day we went to Ladywalk in the hope we might see the Bittern we had been sitting in the hide awhile when Dave shouted Bittern !!! luckily I already had bins to eyes scoping the water and islands so I just caught him he landed in the Reeds somewhere but never came out again while we were there, words can't describe seeing your fav bird in Warwickshire a very special moment :)

I had to go home on the 5th January to help my nan take xmas decs down and then I had work on the evening, Dave went to coleshill to try for the Owls again we had been a few times and not seen anything so Dave was over the moon when a Short-eared Owl appeared and he had two Barn owls, I was very fed up that I couldn't be there but was very pleased to know that there still there :)
Dave got a beautiful photo of the Short-eared owl, such a natural beautiful photo :)



Taken by Dave Hutton

No comments:

Post a Comment