Friday 8 January 2016

Great Northern Diver and Hybrid Scaup - Shustoke


Today we headed to Shustoke for the Great Northern Diver which has relocated to Shustoke from Ladywalk fishery, also we got some photos of the Hybrid Scaup.
It was a very enjoyable day spending the whole day photographing and getting to see the Diver close love these birds I find them fascinating when they dive and then just disappear for ages lol
Also the Hybrid Scaup has proven to be a challenge, Dave loves a challenge ;) I find it very intriguing learning from Dave and reading others opinions, Alan Dean has gone into alot of detail in his blog about the Hybrid Scaup.  http://deanar.org.uk/general/articles/aythya.htm
I could look at this bird a million times and not pick up on what Dave and others see don't think my observation skills will ever be that good but i'm learning everyday which is what I love about birding.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment