Sunday 24 January 2016

First Moths of the year - Pale Brindled Beauty


A very enjoyable night getting are first Moths of the year, we started the night by going out to the woods to look for winter moth by trunking but was unsuccsessful we think we have left it a bit late.
We wasn't expecting anything in the trap in the garden we just thought we would give it ago, are first Moth was Emmelina Monodactyla which was so nice to have at least one Moth, then a bit later on I went to check it couldn't see anything then I though I will just check round the side of the Trap and then I saw a lovely Moth my heart gets all excited and pounds lol
I wasn't sure what the Moth was I knew it was one I hadn't seen before I took it into Dave and straight away he said Pale Brindled Beauty it was a first for his garden, just amazing beautiful moth very well marked, I love my Moths I have such a passion in my belly for them i'm so excited for the main Mothing season :) We also had a Light brown Apple Moth, three Moths for January is not bad going:)





  

No comments:

Post a Comment