Sunday 22 November 2015

Short-eared Owls and Barn Owl

Amazing weekend we went to Coleshill Gravel pits looking for Short-eared owls and Hen Harrier never saw Hen Harrier but the Short-eared Owls and Barn owl put on a show for us.
We were walking over the gravel pit's when Dave said Short-eared Owl I couldn't see it at first but when I saw it I just thought wow wow :)
We then walked up the bank to get closer views, it showed so well hunting right in front of us at one point it even turned it's head and looked right at us I will never forget that moment those beautiful eyes, then Dave spotted another one, and then another one flew in, couldn't believe this was happening three Short-eared Owls hunting and in Warwickshire too very very special and then a Barn Owl appeared from behind the tree love them even though we've had great views of them in Norfolk nothing beats the feeling of seeing them in warwickshire and with Short-eared owls too couldn't ask for more. :)
We went back on Sunday to try and get some pics waited awhile for them to show but when they did they showed well again, we are so lucky there was 2 Short-eared owls tonight possibly 3 and the Barn Owl showed stunningly, I never managed to get photos they came out blurry the light was bad and I was so cold I was shaking with the camera but Dave got a couple of beautiful shots I do admire his photography it's perfect.
Hopefully I will manage to get a pic if they stay for awhile but just having the experience of watching them is an image that will be in my head forever :)

Taken by Dave Hutton 


Taken by Dave Hutton





No comments:

Post a Comment