Saturday 28 November 2015

Hoopoe - Hinksford, Staffordshire


A brilliant day we went to Hinksford in Kingswinford for the Hoopoe I was so excited it's one of the birds I have been dying to see.
When we arrived they said the bird had flown off, I felt gutted was just praying it would come back we waited awhile and Dave said he will give it till eleven, it was five to eleven and the bird flew back in, how lucky was we :) I was over the moon to finally be seeing a Hoopoe what a bird so striking and the color and pattern just extraordinary looking bird so so beautiful and even got to him with his crest up, was a little distant but had great views through scope the smile on my face was so big :)
I got a record shot and took a video too but seems a bit shaky I do seem to have this habit of shaking it was chilly standing there, totally worth being cold for this bird :)






This is one of Dave's amazing photo's :)


Taken by Dave Hutton















No comments:

Post a Comment