Sunday 29 November 2015

Grey Phalarope at Farmoor Res, Oxon


We headed to Farmoor Res in Oxon for the Grey Phalarope the weather didnt look to good but we thought we would risk it, but we was not expecting the gale force winds that greeted us, it was awful because the bird was in the water the wind was making the waves so stormy looked like you were at sea, but the Grey Phalarope was loving it, such a cute beautiful bird and amazing to be able to watch him for so long, I did really struggle with the winds, I hate the wind and it was just none stop wind, and very hard to get photos which was annoying because the bird was so close, but even though at the time I get annoyed afterwards it's not the photos or the weather I even think about its the bird I think off and being able to watch this bird is amazing and my first Grey Phalarope in winter plumage loved him, really hope he stays so we can go back :) Would be lovely to see him again and with better weather conditions lol
I got a couple of record shots with my camera and also Dave let me have a go with his Canon 1D Mk111 & Canon 300F4is + 1.4 conv was really nice to have a try with a different camera and got a better record shot with Dave's brilliant camera, but I still love my camera its the perfect size for me and It's my little camera :) It was a brilliant day I just need to try and learn to cope better in bad weather and keep motivated I will get there still only been birding properly for just over a year the main thing is i'm loving it all the feeling I get from bird watching is an amazing feeling love every bird :)


My Canon SX50

My Canon SX50


Taken with Dave's Canon 1D Mk111 & Canon 300F4is + 1.4 conv



No comments:

Post a Comment