Tuesday 1 September 2015

1st of September - A wet morning at Trittiford Mill Pond


Me being me picked the worst weather to and check the Priory fields and Trittiford things still quite but the rain didn't help but when the sun did shine there was lot's of common birds, Goldfinches some lovely Black Caps over the Priory Fields and a Buzzard which is always nice to see.
Trittiford is still closed the one side although I think the birds are liking it quite a few Cormorants and Grey Herons and lot's of gulls a Grey Wagtail by the bridge.
 I enjoyed watching a Lesser Black backed Gull catching a fish it looked so big for his mouth and he was trying to get away from the other gulls, he went to the side with his young and let him have it and stood watch, nature is wonderful :)
The walkway through to Trittiford there was also more Blackcaps, Jay perched up and a very vocal Chiffchaff love my Chiffchaffs could never get bored of these.
I'm quite excited for autumn and winter I think if the work carries on and that one side stays closed it could attract some birds hopefully, I'm hoping we will get Shoveler again and they may stay longer fingers crossed :)
As I was leaving by the garage on Scribbers lane it started to rain and rain and rain so I sheltered under a tree and found a new Moth for me Green Carpet stunning moth but hard to photograph with the rain that was coming through the tree lol.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment