Sunday 28 June 2015

Melodious Warbler, Mercote Mill Farm bridleway,near Marsh Lane


The Melodious Warbler that arrived at Mercote Mill Farm Bridleway on the 11/06/15 is still present and singing it's little heart out, it has given us many days and hours of joy with 16 + visits, people think me and Dave are crazy but when you get such an amazing bird like this so close by I think it would be more crazy to not make the most of it. It has been a pleasure watching him in his habitat and watching his routine, at certain times of the day he changes trees, he sits high catching flies the flies just seem to come to him (it's like meals on wheels lol )
Funny watching him whenever another Warbler goes into his tree he chases them straight out, he has certainly made it his territory sad though that his singing away for a female and won't get one :(
We have had stunning views of this bird and the sound is just beautiful makes me smile every time I hear him and walking down the path to where he is, I get so much excitement every time, can't get enough of him, love this beautiful bird. The question is how much longer will he stay ? hopefully forever :) I can't get back there now till the weekend so would be really nice if he stayed for me to see him again, but i'm just so privileged to have been able to spend so much time with him already.  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment