Sunday 19 April 2015

Stone Curlew, Ring Ouzel, Nightengale, Firecrest and more


An early start on Sunday for the Stone Curlews at Weeting Heath, Norfolk, lifer for me and so lucky because we got excellent views, Daves best views of them aswell was really nice to have the chance to see these birds and photograph them, the man that worked there was so nice and helpful :)
These birds are just out of this world, that big yellow eye, and beautiful brown patterned plumage and yellow beak, such eye catching birds :)
We then went to Paxton Pits in Cambridgeshire where I sore my first Nightengale lovely to see and hear we had walked all the way round and hadn't seen any but then as we were walking back up Dave heard one then we start there and it showed :)
Then as I thought we were heading home, but as we were driving I kept thinking none of these sign posts are saying midlands, then I saw the signpost for Mepal in Cambridgeshire and had read before that there was Ring Ouzel there, and I said are we going to see Ring Ouzel and Dave said yes bless him I had driven him crazy all weekend about Ring Ouzels lol, we got there and it was an old airfield and I was thinking I bet they won't be here, but Dave found them in no time, five of them just out of this world to finally see them, lovely views through scope, love these birds so much there's just something about them :) and it was extra special because Dave went out of his way to get them for me, best boyfriend in the world, and I promise not to moan again lmao all the birds today have been amazing but the Ring Ouzels really made my day :)
Also on today's travels I saw my first Firecrest at an undisclosed location, beautiful little bird so bright and cute :) so happy to have seen one.
Monday morning we popped to Middleton Lakes before Dave took me home, and got 2 more lifers Reed Warbler and Lesser Whitethroat that's 11 lifers this weekend unbelievable :)






     

No comments:

Post a Comment